Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"There's gonna be a floody, floody"

Well, there seems to already be a floody yall. 
Every where I go people are talking about the Mighty Mississippi.  It's a floodin'!
To be honest I have not paid as much attention to the whole thing as I should have.  I live in a suburb of Memphis...not near the river.  Yes, I have heard talk of evacuations and the like, but I have not been one of the many that wants to get an up-close-and-personal look at the overflowing river.  And because I am not truly living it, I have not really been thinking about it.  Well...after getting pics from all of the gawkers (yes I believe I made up a word here) and actually watching the news tonight (did you hear about the Mississippi town that has been all but wiped out - the whole thing is COVERED with water) it is starting to sink-in.  I am hoping that all of my friends are safe and that the waters begin to recede soon!  Please keep not just Memphis but every town/city near the Mississippi in your prayers!

*so I may be cheating with today's picture...I did not actually take this photo.  HOWEVER,  did not download it either...my dad took this shot.  And, man I cannot believe how much is underwater.
Right now, the water level is at 47.8ft - and should crest on May 10th or 11th at 48ft.  crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment