Tuesday, September 13, 2011

About time...

Whoa...It has been awhile! 
I have been so busy since coming back into the country, it feels like years have passed!  I had so much fin when I was out of town, I am not quite sure I have caught up all of the way yet.  In fact, I am fairly certain that there are still some travel keepsakes in my closet waiting for a permanent place.  But who is surprised?
I started student teaching a week after I got back home and have had no free time since.  I have been at Donelson Elementary School in Arlington and I love it.  I kinda wish I could just stay there, but I move on to St. Francis of Assisi Elementary school at the end of the month.  I have been doing a little crafting in those few spare moments... I began working on a quilt before I left for Germany.


I bought a "jellyroll" from Hobby Lobby (not really a full jellyroll, cause I had to go back and get more)...

I pieced and then sewed panels together...

I ironed all of my seams...

And I cut the corner and infill triangles...

Then I cut the long strips of fabric (that I had already sewn together) into 6.5" squares and began laying out the quilt. 
When I got home I finished putting the quilt top together.
I will post new pics of where I am at now in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment