Monday, September 26, 2011

Triangle Blocks

So I found a really easy way to make triangle blocks...

I used two 6" squares. One flower pattern and one from the main fabric (mine is the green).





Then I pinned them together, right sides facing.  It is pinned on two sides...


Then I drew a line down the middle of the square at a diagonal, using a disappearing ink sewing marker.




Next I sewed 1/4" away from the line on both sides...

After that I cut down the line (the one I had drawn), and now I have two triangle blocks.  My next step will be to iron the seams open, but I have not done that yet.  lol. 




I am so excited that I found out how to make the triangle block this way, because I would be the crazy person to cut each of the eighty-odd squares in half and THEN sew them together.  Yay, for time saving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment