Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Giving is fun too!

Hello again! 
A while ago my, super awesome friend, Leslie told me that she had gone to starbucks (not completely uncommon) and that when she had gotten up to the window of the drive-thru the barista told her that the person in front of her in line had paid for her drink, saying only, "God Bless, and have a great day."  I thought this was amazing!  How lucky Leslie had been and what a delightful person the giver of "free" starbucks must be.  Then I promptly forgot all about the incident.  Well, yesterday morning, after not having slept (not one wink) and getting to work SUPER early (because the interstate was not closed off like it has been) I decided to go to starbucks.  Can you guess what happened?  YES!  I became the lucky person to get "Free" starbucks because the guy in front of me paid for my purchase.  My whole day instantly took a new turn and I continued on basking in my LUCK!  Well today, I needed something to be good - I was fading fast (in need of sleep and probably more antibiotics) so I went to starbucks for a pick-me-up.  When I got to the window I asked the barista if I could pay for the person behind me too.  The usually polite barista not only said "of course!  you are awesome!"  But she gave the the "extra drink" that wouldn't fit in my cup too!  They never do that!!!!   And now the day is almost over...but it sure ended well.  I don't know if the lady behind me at the drive-thru thought I was nuts or if her day was brightened at all, but mine sure was.  YAY, GIVING!!

And now for a few more scrapbooking faves before bed:

This "Day in my Life" was SO much FUN.  It made me run lots of Errands. LOL

Asher and I (back when he was the only nephew).        
 Daddo used to say we were "Naked as a Jaybird" after a bath.

It also kills your spirits...

Wendy and I.  Right near her church in Landstuhl, Germany.

Asher and RIchard outside shoveling snow.

When we came out from the Metro...I didn't see the Eiffel Tower.  DOH!


Paris was cool...but one day just wasn't enough.

Christmas Morning!

Heidelberg was my favorite!  Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment