Friday, May 8, 2015

Giving is living

Well, I already missed a week.  Opps.  I think Test weeks are gonna be no post weeks. 

I wanted to share the two #birthdayclubhandmade gifts I sent off  for the October and December birthdays.  I loved making these gifts - doing things I had never tried before and "new-to-me" patterns.

Abby is a huge starwars fan - so I made a circle and started hand quilting during lectures.


Then when I finished and sent if off - I forgot to take a picture.  So I stole this one from Abby's IG.


I was so happy it actually looked like the death star when I was done.  It ended up being about 12x12. 

Then Kelsey loves blue as much as I do, so I went with an all blue palatte.


I used a paper piecing pattern for the dresden.  And turned it into a pillowcase.  I have a dresden ruler...but I have never used it.  Someday.  Do you have any special rulers you love to use?  Any dresden tricks to share?



 - Katelyn



4 comments:

  1. Wow, now, that is really cool. Your dresden pillow. I just may have to try that. I love the fabrics you picked. They're all so different, but go together well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stitches! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! My son is way into Star Wars right now, so I'll have to show him this one. Your hand stitching is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your death star turneded out great. What a great way to make quilting the focus, without it taking away the focus of the whole picture.

    ReplyDelete