Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Busier Than Ever

Is that a word?  Busier?  Oh well. 
I may have forgotten about adding corner triangles to my virtual quilting bee blocks...like before I even started making them.  So when Amy posted the next step in the quilt...I panicked.  Square-in-a-Square?!?! My blocks were already (can I use the word busy one more time?) lively.  However, after much deliberation I realized that I had enough fabric left over and thought it would look fine. 

I do love them!! 
I am planning on calming them down a bit with solids.  Amy has posted the Boarders and Sashing instructions now...so here is what I have planned:


Cream for the sashing, Red Birds (from the Oh Deer line) for my corner squares, Kona Corn Yellow for the first little boarder, and Kona Peacock for the bigger 2nd boarder.  I'm thinking solid brown for the binding and for the backing...what do you think?

- Katelyn

4 comments:

  1. Busier is definitely a word, and I think your blocks look great! I like the border color choices too!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More decisions.....They look great even on your dark pavers/concrete. Maybe try laying them on your different fabrics and see what makes your heart sing most.
    Thanks for you lovely suggestions on my quilting dilemma too, I tend to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt. It sings to me. I think you will make the right choice if you listen to your heart.

    ReplyDelete