Monday, October 21, 2013

Fabric Fun

 Last weekend I went to a "new-to-me" fabric shop.  Not a big one.  They are a small boutique and have a very limited selection.  But it is ALL Fabulous!!!  I am so glad I went.  Special thank you to Kelly over at My Quilt Infatuation and Janet from Simply Pieced for telling me about it.  The store is called Bumbletees, and I am now in love.  I purchased several fabrics from the Sale rack and a few from the regular selection.



Then I was in Mississippi picking up my quilt from the quilter and had to stop over at their JoAnn's Fabrics.  I had been hearing that they cater more to quilters, and boy do they.  The selection there makes me want to drive all the way back for more fabric!!
Also there was a huge sale, plus I got a discount, AND all of the clearance fabric (way better clearance than my JoAnn's) was 50% off clearance price!!!  I used my birthday gift card (and maybe a tiny bit extra - but SHHH!  don't tell).







I am planning to use all of these prints to make one of these quilts for my niece:

Oh Fransson! has a tutorial for this quilt called Sparkle Punch.

I posted this pic on IG and Facebook - I asked which one I should make if I was using mostly print fabrics, Random or Variegated?  I got tons of responses.  So thanks to everyone!

I cannot wait to get started (though it may not get cut or sewn till after the holidays).  She was here when I got all of this and - no lie- she, the 5 yr old, tried to steal my fabric.  She pet the fabric.  Yep, I speak the truth.  A future quilter perhaps?


I'm done after this...Promise.  I have no more money and can no longer purchase fabric.
 *Excuse me while I get a mop for my flood of tears. 

 Love Yall!
    - Katelyn




1 comment:

  1. I love your fabrics! I love your cute niece, lucky girl to have you in her life. Especially quilting her your beautiful love to wrap around herself. This summer I finished a quilt for my 14-year-old niece. Loved doing it, and it was a pattern from Oh Fransson! as well.

    ReplyDelete