Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Isaac's quilt

So...I started making a quilt for my nephew Isaac over a year ago.  I have no idea what happened.
I wasn't going to make Isaac a quilt first (he is not my oldest nephew), but Sarah and Andrew had purchased fabric and paid someone to make him a quilt when he was born (2011).  The lady did not use most of the fabric they bought, so Sarah just gave it to me.  I decided I should use some of what I was given (I didn't love all of it) and make a toddler sized quilt for Isaac.  That was a dumb idea, he already had a quilt.  Duh.  But long before I figured that out I went out and got more fabric to go with the quilt and cut it all up.  I had pieced the blocks together and sewed the blocks into rows when I told Sarah what I was doing and showed it to her.

She had just gotten through making Isaac a new bedroom set (Oh yeah, she is crafty too) and asked if I could turn it into a twin sized quilt for his bed instead.
I won't lie, I was a bit petrified.  It seemed like such a daunting task.  But really it turned out ok.

I then tried to make up my own back - I drew it out first.  Of course I screwed up and made it 8 inches longer and 8 inches shorter in width than it was supposed to be I decided it needed to be a slightly different size. 
I love it.  Hopefully Sarah will too!

I was so worried that it would get lost that I asked for the insurance on the package.  They got it.  And guess what?  Sarah says she loves it AND it fits!!!
 Also, super surprising to me, but the little man loves having it.  Sarah told me that he had to cover up with it when he laid down (and it is not cold there right now).  I am ecstatic! 

XOXO - Aunt Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment