Monday, July 29, 2013

Leah's Quilt

I got a new niece at the end of February.  She keeps her momma awake at all hours, but she lives in Washington state so it doesn't bother me I love her anyway.  When Sarah found out that she was going to have a girl she asked me to make a quilt for her.  Needless to say I freaked out felt honored.  I made Sarah pick out a patterned fabric and then went on the hunt for some coordinating colors.
I used Freckled Whimsy's tutorial for Pocket Full of Pinwheels and created my own back.
I put the L on with machine applique and then embroidered her name.

I don't have any great pictures because I was in a serious rush.  But Sarah did send me this one:
One of Leah's other aunts made her custom artwork to go on her walls that would match the colors in the quilt.  That girl is gonna be so spoiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment