Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Hiatus Over


It’s been a LONG time.  Oops.  

I got new glasses - and gained a bit of unwanted weight


I have been busy with school and family and just stopped blogging.  I am still in school and my family will always be busy (I now have 8 nieces and nephews instead of just 6). 
However, I have discovered that I kind of miss blogging.  I am constantly on instagram, but it isn’t quite the same.  So I have decided to try to come back.  I am going for a once a week post – we’ll see how that works out.  I’m just gonna start with what I have been doing recently and then what little I have gotten accomplished over the past year. 

My SIL and her three kiddos are living with us until my brother comes back from deployment.  Its fun having them around, but I am spending most of my time in the library at school. 
Such cuties!

I have been hand piecing and stitching in my “spare time” during lectures at school and quick little 10 min breaks while studying.  It helps to save my sanity.  I may never finish a project, but it makes me happy.  Due to this I took the leap and joined on the bandwagon with the La Passacaglia quilt.  It is a pattern by Willyne Hammerstein from her book Millefiori Quilts. It is all over IG and I just couldn’t resist.  I got the book, templates, and precut papers from Pink Door Fabrics – for an amazing price.  


Where I am at with Rosette #1

beginnings of rosette #2

next step ready to go

I am working on round at a time, just picking the fabrics as I go.  It is so much fun for me to do it that way.  Its like I don’t know what is gonna come next so it stays exciting.  lol.  I may need to try and alter my definition of exciting. 

Back to the nursing school grind.  See yall next week!

 - Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. Hahah yup it's the simple things! I made the tea cups the same way--just picked a fabric for the next one without much plan. It was supposed to be a rainbow and after I had made 8 it was a terrible rainbow, haha. So I made 4 more to fill in the gaps and it came together just fine. Your nieces and nephew are adorable, but I TOTALLY get why you'd be in the library so much. I can barely think through leaving blog comments much less reading and retaining study material or writing a detailed paper with their constant noise and distractions!

    ReplyDelete