Thursday, June 26, 2014

So Curvy WIP

I don't know about you, but sewing curves - that seems terrifying.  Well it did. 

I LOVE curves in quilts.  I just never understood how to cut them, or sew them, or contemplate them.  lol.  But I decided I wanted to learn and my first step was getting some templates.


I got the 6in (finished) templates from Jen over at BettyCrockerAss.  She has an etsy shop and had some templates made.  They weren't expensive and I really wanted to learn how to use them...
Then I got them and I was so excited.  She even sent cute charm squares with them. 
Of course I had to experiment with cutting and sewing curves right away.


They are not perfect, but as perfect as they can be for a newbie.  ;)
I used am elmers glue stick to hold my fabric in place and that was WAY better than pinning for me.  

Originally I just pulled out scraps, but now it is going to be something.  I just have to get the right background fabric. 

Have a lovely weekend! 

 - Katelyn


7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. I, too, want to learn to piece curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave curve a chance last summer, it wasn't too bad...I took the class "Playing With Curves" on Craftsy and made a drunken path small quilt. I used a downloaded template and it wasn't too accurate so next time I will just try the plastic template. Yours look perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're braver than me! I did try curves once but it ended badly ... we don't speak anymore! Yours look fabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Good for you! Glad to see you overcame your fear and went for it! I love quilts with curves too.... And am sew looking forward to following your progress on this project. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you just jumped in and tried it as soon as the package arrived. I have a tendency to buy new things and then procrastinate about them for a long while before giving them a go. I can imagine we will be seeing a lot more curves from you in future. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the awesome things you will create :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also been meaning to tackle curves -- good for you jumping right in! Your blocks look great, especially the Momo one. I can't wait to see what you make from them.

    ReplyDelete