Monday, April 7, 2014

The Duvet is Covered

So...it's done.  About 15 or more hours later. 


There were  no y-seams...I don't know what I was thinking.  I had to take the entire thing apart.  It wasn't fun and took hours (it was sewn together and then serged together).  But it looks super cute now.  :)  A reminder of what it looked like before can be found here.

The pillow covers were even more ridiculous to get apart...but like the duvet cover, when that was done it wasn't too bad to put back together.

One before and one after - photo via Instagram






I am sure it will be well loved and well used for a long time to come!

It sure has made my sewing table look spring-y.

 - Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! With bed linens this pretty it would be hard to leave this room. ;o)
    Great job, Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dramatic difference! I'm sure it was well received. Well done.

    ReplyDelete