Thursday, July 25, 2013

Job Search

So...I have two degrees and no job.  I am not being lazy, though I am sure some people think that I probably am.  I am, however, being slightly picky.

I have a Bachelor's in Fine Arts and went off to work for a children's theatre after I graduated.  It didn't last long.  Don't get me wrong, I loved it.  But it is difficult to travel somewhere new every week, no way to really make friends, and absolutely no relationships.  Also, the money was lousy (what did I expect with an education in Theatre Performance with a minor in English Literature?).  So I came home.

I have a Master's in Early Childhood education.  I had discovered a love for kids and was hoping I would be able to take care of myself (money/house-wise).  I am so dumb. That was an incorrect assumption.    After graduating I got two different interim teaching positions (that means I was a TEACHER without benefits or a promise of a job).  However, the area in which I live is having a rough time with its education system and I have been unable to secure a job position.

Through all of this I truly feel that God is leading somewhere completely different.  I am looking into going back to school.  After all moving home didn't grant me many new friends and no relationships, so perhaps He needs me to do something else before I can move on.

Any suggestions???

xoxo - Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment